12.13.2011

Movie time #4: Immortals



Ro and I saw this movie last night and I am glad that we were able to watch it on the big screen. This film had a contemporary representation of greek mythology that was fresh and understood, the actors were great eye candy, there was love, loss, great fight scenes, an evocative score and good acting and dialogue. I thought Mickey Rourke made an incredible villain.

However, there was one thing that kept taking me out of the film that I found distracting yet funny. But before I reveal it to you, can you guess what it is? It's shown in the trailer above.............. It was the use of crustaceans. King Hyperian's (Mickey Rourke) helmet resembled a crab claw and other masks of King Hyperian's army were also reminiscent of crustaceans. I wonder why the director or costume designer chose crustaceans. I laughed every time King Hyperian was on screen with that helmet.


see... funny, isn't it?!

Here is some information I learned after watching the film:

-Zeus is played by Luke Evans who also played Apollo in Clash of the Titans.

-The Titans, also known as the elder gods, ruled the earth before the Olympians overthew them. The ruler of the Titans was Cronus who was de-throned by his son Zeus. Most of the Titans fought with Cronus against Zeus and were punished by being banished to Tartarus. During their rule the Titans were associated with the various planets.

-The Olympians are a group of 12 gods who ruled after the overthow of the Titans. All the Olympians are related in some way. They are named after their dwelling place Mount Olympus.

-These are the 12 Olympian Gods:
Zeus
Poseidon
Hades
Hestia
Hera
Aris
Athena
Apollo
Aphrodite
Hermes
Artemis
Hephaestus

Before I go I'll leave you with these...



No comments: